I recently came across this article written by Madison Sonnier all about things to remember when you think you’re not good enough. I know I, as well as many others, often think that I’m not good enough in many situations.
This negative thinking pattern can have detrimental effects to your self-esteem and state of mind, and it is important to be healthy mentally. I think this article provides seven easy points that you can reflect on whenever you are feeling down about yourself.
In summary, the seven points are:
- The people you compare yourself to compare themselves to other people too.
- Your mind can be a very convincing liar.
- There is more right with you than wrong with you.
- You need love the most when you feel you deserve it the least.
- You have to fully accept and make peace with the “now” before you can reach and feel satisfied with the “later.”
- Focus on progress rather than perfection and on how far you’ve come rather than on how far you have left to go.
- You can’t hate your way into loving yourself
Madison goes into greater detail for each of the points; you can read the full article here